Thursday, September 13, 2012

Indie Authors Expo – Plan B



Well, as some of you know, life threw me for a loop in July, which necessitated my putting off the Indie Authors Expo for a couple of months. But I’m back.

In the meantime, I realized that I needed to pursue a dream of my own – an Etsy shop for dreamers – and have spent the last month earnestly exercising my mind and fingers as I've designed and sewn items for the shop. When I hit a money snag, I decided that the best thing I could was to launch a IndieGoGo funding campaign.

Well, as it turns out this is a big step forward in the plans for the Expo. I’ll need to do a much larger campaign for start-up costs for the Expo and this first attempt has – so far – given me the experience I’ll need to get one going.

So, now that I know how to do IndieGoGo, I’ll be putting it together for October – an earlier plan to do it in August fell through due to my family situation.

One other thing has been on my mind. One of my favorite bloggers – Trish Gentry – recently wrote a post about not liking being called an Indie. Me? I’m just enough of a maverick to like to title. But I’m not the point here. I was wondering if you all could give me some feedback on the name I’ve chosen. Keep in mind that this is aimed at self-published authors and is a combination book fair, trade show and conference.  Please sound off freely. 

Again, I know it’s been a bit excruciating but it’s honestly been beyond my control – so stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. I love being called an Indie! Because it stands for independent. I love being Independent!! Maybe that's a reflection of walking or riding a bike for the first time. Driving a car solo and all those wonderful things I can do - independently. Let's face it I'm an independent woman and writer. :)

    ReplyDelete