You know that old line from every Academy Award show ever! Well, Sandra Valente – a wonderful reviewer and blogger (SSBookFanatics) - nominated me last Monday for the Fabulous Blog Ribbon Award which was a wonderful surprise. I’ve been trying to put together a post that was worthy of her nomination.
As I understand it – I need to find 5 fabulous moments, 5 things I absolutely love, 5 things I really hate and finally pick 5 Fabulous bloggers to nominate. That’s actually the only hard part, because I really enjoy a lot of blogs. But here goes:
5 FABULOUS MOMENTS
1. There was a day when my late husband spotted me across the street trying to get his attention and the happiness captured in smile he gave me was the very best moment of my life.
2. The day I got to take my premature son, Erik, home from the hospital after three excruciating weeks of waiting for him to be healthy enough.
3. The moment I laid eyes on the one-year old angel that was to become my adopted daughter, Vanessa.
4. The moment the judge declared Vanessa’s adoption official.
5. The day I received a letter from a magazine with a check in payment for publication of two of my poems. I screamed then danced around the house for about 15 minutes.
5 THINGS I LOVE
1. When my muse takes over and writing seems to flow effortlessly from my fingertips.
2. Skinny-dipping – in private, of course – in a warm pool at night.
3. My children and grandchildren.
4. The color RED!
5. Orange Creamsicle Ice Cream.
5 THINGS I HATE
2. Ugly, unkind thoughts in others and in myself.
3. Dream stealers – you know who they are.
4. Aggressive drivers.
I NOMINATE THESE FABULOUS-O FOLKS:
NICOLE PYLES: The World of My Imagination
Nicole keeps it funny and inspiring as she works her way through life and the challenges of being a writer. I always feel like I'm right there. Also, she's just published her first short story and it's good.
NICOLE COOK: The Daily Dish Recipes Nicole brings the joy of eating to us every time she delivers a recipe. The pictures alone will keep you drooling. I rarely cook, but I've tried a few of her recipes and they are easy but interesting.
BERT CARSON Bert Carson - Author It's rare that I miss an post from Bert. His homespun tales of life as a child in the South are my favorites, but he has brought me to tears more than once with his take on life today.
KATE FARRELL Kate's Reads Kate is a fair and lovable book reviewer because she delivers her opinions with both kindness and specific points. I've been fortunate enough to have her review one of my books.
I enjoy each of these blogs very much and the people who write them. I hope you'll stop by and check them out. Thanks to each of them for bringing sunshine into my days.