Monday, June 4, 2012

Collaboration and Cooperation is the Key

In case you were wondering about doing a group promotional event, here’s the skinny. It’s all about helping each other.

As many of you know, today and tomorrow, June 4 & 5, a group of eight writers, including me, are having a freebie promo known as Reads4Free. I posted about it on the 3rd

Today was kickoff day and from about 12:30 am until nearly midnight, I’ve been glued to my laptop. Oh, except for a two hour nap in the middle of the day. Come on! I’m good, but not that good. I needed my beauty sleep.

Anyway, if you’ve experienced the exhilaration of watching hundreds or thousands of downloads light up your Kindle sales board in one of your own promos, imagine that multiplied by 8. Yep, that’s it – like riding a roller coaster with your graduating class! Remember that?

We’ve still got Tuesday to go, but I wanted to thank everyone who has supported us and also to encourage you all to do things together whenever you can. I’ve already enjoyed this trip immensely and I know tomorrow will be even better.

Here’s the link if you don’t already have it. Reads4Free  See you round the Blogosphere!

8 comments:

  1. It has been a great event! Super successful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So speaks the mastermind! LOL - Derek you have been phenomenal to work with!

      Delete
  2. I hope you sell as many books as you give away. You're a great writer who deserves to be read widely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so kind of you to say. My original - Red Mojo Mama - is experiencing a nice uptick.

      Delete
  3. Collaboration with other authors is so much fun. Helping each other is the way it should be. Also, you learn a lot from each other and the work is much less.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so good to everyone - you'd be fantastic in a group effort!

      Delete
  4. It's a great idea, and everything is more fun when you do it with other people. Yup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is! Again - you're a very supportive person - just the type to do this.

      Delete